Monday, March 9, 2009

"2" is not so terrible at all


I love this age! I got to know Gavril more when he turned 2 because of the many different emotions he has displayed.
I totally understand why they call it the "terrible two's".
I have my own share of frustrations. I have times when I think I am being driven to insanity.
But then I remind myself, he is only 2, I am 30. hello?
With Gavril, it's 80% terrific and only 20% terrible.
I am not a perfect mom.. I read a lot of books for reference and advice.
It is trial and error most of the time but you will never know what works unless you try it.
With my son, consistency is the key. He knows that mommy means everything that she says.
I love seeing the transformations in him. I love how he is coping in the outside world. We are together 24/7 and between the two of us, I think I am the one with the separation anxiety.
Gavril has a very pleasant personality. He CAN take no for an answer believe it or not. He knows how to get what he wants in a sweet way because he knows tantrums never works for mom and dad.
TANTRUMS = TIME OUT.
TANTRUMS = never getting what gavril wants
TANTRUMS = endless crying but still gavril will not get what he wants
TANTRUMS = beat it kid. it's not working.
When he wants something he would say "peepy pwease" ... if it didn't work he would kneel down and clasp his hands together and again he would say "peepy pwease". Now, this doesn't always work though but he tries anyway because sometimes it does hehehe.
He is in the "MINE" stage but he knows when it doesn't belong to him and he knows if he needs to share. Actually, he only does the "this is mine" thing at home. When he is with other kids, he shares.. he gives way.. he gives up his turn.
These 2 year olds.. crave for authority because mommy or daddy always makes the decision for them. They are little boys and girls in a world so big there's so much to explore.
My son is not a poster child but I am darn blessed to have a really laid back kid. He knows how to soothe and calm himself. He knows when to give up when the answer has been NO.
90% of the time he does as he is told.. he has simple chores at home. He even knows how to pray!
When he is at his worst behavior.. all i need to do is remind myself that this little guy is only 2.
I need to go down his level.
After all, he won't be forever 2.
I am going to miss this age sooooo much.
This age solidified my relationship with my son.

4 comments:

~xgurl~ said...

i admire moms who are very dedicated to their children and husband! great job!

btw, u look Filipina to me... =]

creative tiny hands said...

I truly understand you 100%. You are a good mom Trish..I am proud of you..

www.blog.babytetel.com

patricia said...

hi "xgurl".. thanks for dropping by and thank you for your comment :)

yep, i'm 100% pinay!

patricia said...

hey stel :)
you are an awesome mom too.
your baby girl is so talented!